Courageous Ethics leads interactive training sessions to help your organization’s employees build the skills to navigate ethical challenges they confront in the workplace. These sessions are led with the understanding that behaving ethically requires more than knowledge about what is ethical—it also requires employees to have the skills to recognize the ethical dimensions present in everyday situations and to respond to them as quickly as they arise. With this in mind, Dr. Hayes designs these training sessions to:
- Equip all trainees with a decision procedure based on the spirit and letter of legal requirements and organizational requirements that apply to them, your organization’s core values, and best practices in their fields
- Provide all trainees with clear examples of what it means to act on your organization’s core values in their business unit and in the company as a whole
- Facilitate a safe setting in which trainees can practice applying your organization’s core values to ethical challenges in an open discussion format
- Discuss ways to confront situations in which various constraints interfere with employees’ ability to behave ethically
- Facilitate peer-to-peer interactions, which have proven to be one of the most effective ways to embed and sustain core values
- Ensure that all employees know where to go with questions or to get guidance to navigate an ethical challenge
Dr. Hayes builds in extensive opportunities for employees to practice these skills so they have the knowledge, experience, and confidence they need to act decisively in ways that promote your organization’s mission and core values.